Make this adorable Handprint Flower Pot Craft for a gift from kids for Mother’s Day! Mother’s Day Handprint crafts are so precious to give to Mom’s and this one is easy to make with the plant being the child’s handprint. A keepsake to treasure for years to come.
This handprint flower pot craft is such a sweet Mother’s Day gift! If your kids are wanting to make something to give Mom for Mother’s Day, they’ll have a blast creating this. It can be displayed as beautiful artwork, or even turned into a card if they want to give another gift as well.
There are so many fun flower crafts out there, and this flower pot handprint is one of my favorites. I love these really simple pipe cleaner flowers too!
This easy craft can be used for more than just Mother’s Day too! You kids can gift it to grandma and grandpa on grandparents day, make one as a special gift for their teacher, or simply even make it as a fun Spring time craft. Whatever you decide, make sure you have fun while you make it!
Why You’ll Love This Handprint Flower Pot Craft
- This is an affordable DIY handprint craft that is perfect for Mother’s Day and spring time!
- You can easily use this craft in a large group, like a pre-school class or Sunday school class. Just cut the flower pots out ahead of time and everything else will be really easy to do in a large group setting!
- Mom’s love crafts like these because they are a precious homemade keepsake. They’ll forever remember how little the hands of their sweet kids were!
Supplies Needed for this Handprint Flower Pot Craft
- Flower pot template – Download the flower pot template provided here. If you don’t have a printer, feel free to freehand the shape, it’s not too difficult!
- Craft paper – Use craft paper or a disposable plastic table cloth to protect your workspace. You could up-cycle an old newspaper as well!
- Glue – Any craft glue stick will work! Liquid glue will work as well.
- Black marker – If you are making this craft with young children, consider using a washable marker.
- Scissors – You can use safety scissors, or regular scissors, for this craft. Both will work great!
- Card stock – I used pink card stock in this craft, but choose whatever color you want! Maybe even choose mom’s favorite color!
- Paper plate – This is the easiest way to be able to dip your fingertips into paint to create the flowers!
- Foam brush – A foam brush will be easiest way to paint your hand, but you can use a regular paint brush too.
- Craft paint – I used green for the handprint, since it’s acting as the “stems” of the flowers. But you can use any color you want, especially for the fingerprint flowers!
- Brown construction paper – Trace the flower pot onto brown construction paper or card stock.
How to Make this Mother’s Day Handprint Flower Pot
- Cover your workspace with craft paper, or a tablecloth, to protect it.
- Then, begin by choosing any color you want of an 8 x 11 piece of card stock. Using the foam paint brush, paint your hand with green paint. Gently press it onto the center of the card stock and allow it to dry.
- While handprint dries, you can print, trace, and cut out the flower pot template. Print onto regular paper, cut out the shape, and then trace it onto a piece of brown construction paper.
- Then, cut out the flower pot and use a black marker to draw a border around the edge of the pot.
- Place a thin a layer of glue onto the paper flower pot cut-put. Then, glue the flower pot over the lower ⅓ of the green handprint. Press to secure and allow a few minutes to dry.
- Dip your pointer finger into the yellow paint, and make one dot of yellow above each green finger.
- Next, dip your finger into the paint color you’ve chosen to use for petals on your flower. Press your finger down around the yellow dot to create a full flower!
- Once each flower is complete, use the black marker to personalize your flower pot.
- Make sure everything is completely dry, and then it’s ready to go!
Can I use hot glue?
You can, but I don’t recommend it. Since the glue is to keep paper attached to paper, it’s easiest to craft glue. Hot glue may make the flower pot look bumpy around the edges and may not keep things attached well to one another.
Pro Tips for the Best Handprint Flower Pot Craft
- Before the paint dries, sprinkle glitter onto the wet paint! It will dry as the paint dries and make a glittery and fun flower pot.
- You can glue things like rhinestones and sequins onto the flower pot to give it extra character.
- Customize your message on the flower pot! If Mom has a special saying, maybe write that on there. Or, just write a sweet message telling her how much you love her.
This simple craft is just so sweet and sentimental. Have fun making it together!
More Mother’s Day Crafts and Activities
- Need an easy printable Mother’s Day activity? Check out this All About Mom Worksheet!
- If you made an “uh-oh” and forgot to have the kids make something for Mother’s Day, print out these Mother’s Day Color by Numbers and have them color one as a gift!
- Real flowers have nothing on Tissue Paper Flowers made by a mom’s kiddos.
- Make this precious DIY Photo Candle for a fun Mother’s Day gift.
Handprint Flower Pot
Easy Handprint Flower Pot Craft is the perfect Mother's Day gift!
- Prepare your surface with craft paper to protect it.
- First, grab an 8 x 11 piece of card stock, any color you choose!
- Using a foam sponge brush, paint your hand with a thin layer of green paint. Gently press your hand near the center of the card stock. Allow a few minutes to dry.
- While the handprint is drying, let’s print out the flower pot template. Trace the template onto a piece of brown construction paper. Cut out the flower pot and use the black marker to create a border around the pot.
- Next, place a thin layer of glue on the back of the pot. Once the green handprint is dry, place the pot in the center over the lower ⅓ of the green handprint. Press to secure. Allow a few minutes to dry.
- Use your finger as a brush and place it in the yellow paint. Make a fingerprint above each green finger to make the center of the flower.
- Add your choice of paint colors to a paper plate. Dip your finger into whichever color you like! Press your finger to make petals around the center of the flower. Allow time to dry.
- Finally, take the black marker and personalize your flower pot.
Now your handprint Mother’s Day craft is complete!
- Add a magnet to the back, making this an excellent gift for Mom!
- Another great gift idea is to grab an 8 x 10 frame from the dollar store and place the handprint craft in the frame!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply