Another fun kids activity with only two supplies needed! These Pipe Cleaner Flowers are so easy to make in about 10 minutes. Simply create a flower out of the pipe cleaners and thread beads onto it. An easy kids craft idea that they will have so much fun making.
Looking for a really simple spring or summer craft? Or maybe even a really cute Mother’s Day craft? These adorable little pipe cleaner flowers are a simple craft for children of all ages. And it’s a no-mess craft too! There’s no glueing, cutting, or painting required.
You can have each child create one, or create a multiple to make a bouquet of flowers! Display your flowers in a little vase or mason jar, or glue a magnet to the back to create a precious keepsake fridge magnet.
If you’re creating these at home during Spring Break or the summer, make this no-bake dirt pie too! Then, you can teach your kids how flowers grow and talk about planting and gardening. All while eating some tasty “dirt”. Or, if you’re into real dirt make these tin can planters!
Why You’ll Love Pipe Cleaner Flowers
- This pipe cleaner craft only requires two materials, which makes it perfect for craft time on a budget.
- This kids bead craft is simple and easy to make, so it’s a great craft for large groups of children.
- Stringing beads onto a pipe cleaner will help develop fine motor skills. If you’re working with younger children whose motor skills aren’t fully developed yet, they may need some help twisting the ends of the pipe cleaners to lock the beads in place.
Materials Needed For Pipe Cleaner Flowers
- Pipe Cleaners – You can use a pipe cleaner of any color for your flower! But, you’ll need a green one for the stem and leaves.
- Pony Beads – You’ll need green and yellow pony beads for this kids bead craft.
I like to use a mix of light green and dark green pony beads on my pipe cleaner flowers. You can also use solid pony beads and see-through beads.
How to make pipe cleaner flowers
- Grab a green pipe cleaner and place one green pony bead about a quarter inch from the bottom of it. Twist the end around the bead to create a knot.
- String 11 green beads onto the rest of the pipe cleaner. Then, loop it right above the last bead to make a leaf. Repeat again so that you have two leaves.
- String five yellow beads onto the ending section of the pipe cleaner and then twist the end around the center of the two leaves you previously created.
- Twist three pipe cleaners of your choice in color around the base of the yellow beads. and spread them apart. Swirl each end around itself to make the petals of your flowers! Spread them out and move as needed, and you’re done!
This kids bead craft is great for classroom use! The limited amount of supplies makes it cost effective, and it only takes 10 minutes to make so you’re not spending too long on craft time.
If you follow the step-by-step instructions, it will be really easy to teach the kids how to make pipe cleaner flowers.
If you read The Secret Garden in your class, this pipe cleaner craft would be the perfect addition to a lesson one day.
If your students are younger, you could make these flowers around spring time and teach about how flowers grow. Read a book like Plant the Tiny Seed if you need a book to tie in during reading time.
Pro Tips for the best Pipe Cleaner Flowers
- Use glittery pony beads to add a little extra pizzazz to your cute little flowers!
- For a multicolored flower, use three different color pipe cleaners when you create your flower petals.
- Make a flower garland my stringing fishing line through the back of multiple flowers and then hang it up! The perfect homemade spring decoration.
I love simple crafts like this one! There’s endless possibilities for these cute little flowers. How will you use them?
More Crafts You’ll Love
- If you want to make more flower crafts, this Paper Plate Sunflower is absolutely adorable and so fun to create.
- These Tissue Paper Turtles are the perfect craft to make when you’re teaching your little ones about reptiles.
- Need a fun craft for the 4th of July? Check out this Paper Plate Fork Fireworks Craft.
- What goes better with flowers than butterflies? Make this cute Toilet Paper Butterfly Craft!
- Place one green pony bead about a quarter inch from the bottom of your pipe cleaner and twist the end around the bead to create a knot.
- String 11 green beads onto the pipe cleaner.
- Loop the pipe cleaner just above the last bead around your finger, and twist the loop to create a leaf. Repeat this one more time, so you have two leaves.
- Place five yellow beads onto the pipe cleaner and twist the end around the center of the leaves.
- Twist three pipe cleaners around the base of the yellow beads and spread them apart evenly. Roll each pipe cleaner around itself to create a swirl with each pipe cleaner to make the petals.