These Pizza Crescent Rolls are an easy recipe that is a fun twist on pizza. Soft crescent rolls that are stuffed with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
This is a simple snack, lunch, or dinner and one of my favorite recipes to make with the kids! They can help assemble them or make them on their own. Don’t forget the pizza sauce to dunk them in!
Easy Stuffed Crescent Rolls
My kids LOVE pizza but ordering delivery or making homemade pizza is not something I want to do all the time. Enter these easy pepperoni crescent rolls!
They are simple to make with just a few ingredients. They have everything to love about pizza – sauce, gooey melted cheese, and pepperoni all rolled up in a soft crescent roll. They’re like little pizza pockets!
I like to make this easy pizza recipe for easy lunches and weeknight dinners with some fruit kabobs! If your kiddos love pepperoni pizza like mine do, it’s a quick and easy kid-friendly meal.
Ingredients Need for Pizza Crescent Rolls
- Refrigerated crescent roll dough – I like Pillsbury but any brand you like will work.
- Dried Italian seasoning – or try dried oregano.
- Sliced pepperoni
- Cubed mozzarella cheese – or shredded mozzarella cheese
- Melted butter
- Warm pizza sauce – or marinara sauce.
Extras: Sometimes I sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese and garlic powder over the top of the pizza crescent rolls before baking them.
How to Make Stuffed Crescent Rolls
Prep Crescent Rolls – Open the can of crescent rolls and separate the dough so you have eight triangles.
Stuff – Sprinkle the seasoning over the top of each triangle. Place pepperoni at the wide end and place a cheese cube in the center.
Roll – Tightly roll up the dough and seal the edges.
Butter – Place the pizza crescent rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush the tops with butter.
Bake – Bake the rolls until they are golden brown and then brush them with more butter.
Serve – Pair them with warm pizza sauce to dip and serve!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Instead of using shredded mozzarella cheese, I like to use cubed cheese because it’s easy to wrap up in the dough. You can cut cubes from a block of cheese or slice a mozzarella cheese stick into pieces to make it even easier.
- You can use other fillings besides pepperoni – try salami instead or chopped cooked bacon. Make veggie pizza crescent rolls with some diced peppers or mushrooms rolled up in side. Just don’t add too many fillings otherwise it will be hard to roll up the dough.
- Instead of pizza sauce or marinara try ranch dip or garlic butter on the side for dipping.
Can you use pizza dough instead of crescent roll dough?
Yes, but crescent rolls are so much easier. The dough is already portioned into eight pieces and they bake up soft and buttery. If you want to use pizza dough, be sure to roll it out so it’s as thick as crescent dough otherwise you will need to adjust the baking time.
The next time everyone wants pizza, give these pepperoni pizza crescent rolls a try! They’re easy, fun, and delicious – I know they’ll be a hit!
More Kid-Friendly Recipes
- Browse my favorite Lunch Box Ideas for easy lunches your kids will love!
- Mummy Hot Dogs are so fun to make and a great snack or appetizer.
- Yogurt Bark is made with fruit for a light and healthier snack!
If you take a picture and share it Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls (I used Pillsbury Original)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 8 small pieces mozzarella cheese (½ inch cubes)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Prepared pizza sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate so that there are 8 triangles of dough.
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning entirely over one side of each dough triangle. At the widest part of the triangle, add 3 slices of pepperoni over top the seasoning (overlapping so that they fit within the dough's edges). Place 1 cube of cheese in the center of the pepperoni.
- Starting at the widest end of the dough, tightly roll up the crescents and seal all the edges to prevent cheese from escaping while baking.
- Place crescents on the prepared baking sheet and brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops again with the remaining melted butter.
- Warm up the pizza sauce in the microwave or on the stovetop. Serve crescents with the hot pizza sauce for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g