Stir up some creativity with the Witches Brew and Broom Handprint Craft! Your child’s handprints will become the “Witch’s Brew” and “Broom” in this easy Halloween craft perfect for toddlers and young kids. Bewitching fun for moms and kids!
“Something wicked this way comes”…This witches brew and broom handprint craft is the cutest thing! Little handprints turn into the bristles on brooms and the bubbling mixture in a cauldron. Such an easy craft to make and it’s absolutely perfect for imaginative play.
Making cute crafts is a great way to make Halloween less scary and more fun. I’ve even got activities that make ghosts and spiders adorable instead of creepy! So, if you’ve got little ones and want to keep Halloween light-hearted, this witches brew and broom handprint craft is perfect for you!
Why You’ll Love this Witches Brew and Broom Handprint Craft
- Cutting, glueing, and drawing are all activities that help to refine fine motor skills.
- This witches brew handprint craft is budget-friendly, making it the perfect craft for large groups, small groups, and everything in between.
- You can customize this craft however you want. Add more details, your name, fun designs…anything to make it all your own!
Supplies Needed to Make this Witches Broom Craft
- Card stock – You’ll need lot of different card stock to make this craft. Green and black are the two main colors you’ll need. Then use fun printed card stock or your favorite colors as the broom sticks.
- White paint pen – If you can’t find a white paint pen, a white or silver sharpie will also work.
- Scissors – Safety scissors will work great on this craft, so if you’re making it with young children you can use them!
- Markers – Grab multiple colors of markers so you can decorate the witches brew in the cauldron however you want. You can washable markers or permanent markers for this part of the craft.
- Glue stick – A regular school glue stick is all you need to assemble this craft. You can also use liquid glue or glue dots to assemble the craft pieces.
- Template – Print the template provided to make the cauldron and broom sticks. If you don’t have a printer, you can freehand it instead!
How to Make this Witches Brew and Broom Handprint Craft
- To begin, print the provided brew and broom template and then cut out both templates.
- Then trace two handprints onto green cardstock and cut them out.
- Glue both of the handprints to the back of the pot. Glue them to where the top 2/3 of the handprints stick out over the top of the cauldron.
- Allow the glue to dry, then flip the pot over. Use different colored markers to draw bubbles along the handprints to represent bubbles.
- Using a white paint pen, draw a line detail on the top and bottom of the cauldron following the slight curvature of the pot.
- Set the witches brew aside, and work on the broom! Trace the broom template onto any color of card stock you want and then cut it out.
- Trace your handprint onto the black cardstock and cut it out. Then trim the wrist part of the handprint to make it more narrow.
- Glue the black handprint to the bottom of the card stock strip and let it dry. Fold back part of the thumb and pinky so it’s even with the broom.
- Lastly, cut a small strip from scrap cardstock and wrap it around the top of the handprint, where it meets the broom. Glue it in place to secure.
- Allow glue to fully dry, and your craft is complete!
Other materials you can use to make this craft
If you don’t have a printer, you can free hand your broom sticks and pot. But, you can also use a painters stick or some popsicle sticks and paint them. Painted cardboard would work as well.
Craft foam sheets can be used as the pot for witches brew. Decorate your pot with glittery pipe cleaners, glitter blue, craft jewels, buttons, or anything else creative and fun!
- Make the broom stick more sturdy by gluing wooden popsicle sticks together and attaching them to the backside of the broom stick. You can also use a straw or any other sturdy thin object to make the broom stick stronger. This would be great to do if you plan on making this craft a toy!
- Use glitter card stock for the broom bristles or cauldron to give this craft a little extra pizzaz. You can use glitter card stock for the broom stick and the brew too.
- Add Halloween themed stickers to the cauldron or write your name on it with metallic sharpies! Personalize it however you want.
This fun witches brew handprint craft is easy to make and always turns out so cute!
More Halloween Fun You’ll Love
- Make this Toilet Paper Roll Mummy Craft with empty toilet paper rolls.
- These Candy Corn Pudding Cups are festive and absolutely delicious! Themed sweets are always a good idea.
- Halloween Bark doesn’t take long to make and is great to hand out as a gift.
- There are many recipes for rice krispie treats, but these Monster Rice Krispie Treats are so fun to make for Halloween!
Witches Brew and Broom Craft
- Begin by printing the brew and broom template. Cut out the pieces.
- Trace the pot template on black cardstock. Cut out.
- Next, trace two handprints on green cardstock and cut out the handprints.
- Glue both handprints to the top, back of the pot.
- Now, use different colored markers to draw bubbles from the boiling witches brew along the handprints.
- Lastly, draw details along the top and bottom of the pot with a white paint pen.
- Trace the broom template strip on the color of your choice. We used polka dot cardstock to add some fun interest.
- Then, trace a handprint on black cardstock and cut.
- Trim the wrist part of the handprint so that it’s more narrow. Glue the handprint to the strip.
- Fold back part of the thumb and pinky fingers, so that it’s even with the broom.
- Finally, cut a small strip from a scrap piece of cardstock. We used orange.
- Wrap the strip around the top of the handprint. Glue in place to secure.