Cute, easy and free Valentine’s Day Bookmarks Printable. These printable Valentine bookmarks are the perfect quite activity for kids this winter. Print them out, have them color them and use them when they read! Make a great homemade gift for Valentine’s Day or class activity!
Every bookworm needs a stash of good bookmarks, so why not make your own? These adorable Valentine’s Day bookmarks are the best craft and activity for your favorite little bookworm. You can print as many pages of this free printable as you want, cut out the bookmarks and color with all the creativity you’ve got. They make a great gift and a very fun craft!
For the littles that aren’t reading chapter books just yet, you can have them make a cute craft like this Valentine’s Day pom pom painting. A delicious snack like Valentine’s pretzel hugs would be perfect to munch on while you read a sweet Valentine’s book. So let’s get started and color the most unique and loveable bookmarks ever!
Why You’ll Love these Valentine’s Day Bookmarks
- This fun craft is entirely free! All that you need is a way to print the sheets and grab your coloring supplies. Then you can color all of your bookmarks to your heart’s content!
- Valentine’s Day bookmarks are a super sweet gift you can give to friends and family. They’d be a wonderful and personal gift for your kids classmates too.
- Coloring is a great activity to improve fine motor skills and promote creativity in children. These free printable Valentine bookmarks aren’t just a fun activity!
- Printer – You will need to have a way to print these Valentines day bookmarks. Don’t have a printer? Not to worry! Just check with your local library or even your local office supply store. Many have printing services available for your use.
- Paper – While it’s ok to use just plain computer paper, I like to use white cardstock so that the bookmarks are a little more sturdy. Cardstock tends to hold up a bit better to markers and coloring supplies.
- Coloring supplies – Use thin markers to more easily color all of the small sections of the tiny pictures. You can also use crayons or colored pencils!
- Scissors – Consider using safety scissors if you are making this craft with young children.
- Optional: Laminator – Make your bookmarks extra sturdy by laminating them once you color them beautifully. Then you can cut out each bookmark from a laminated sheet and it will keep them from bending easily.
How to Make Valentine’s Day Bookmarks
First, download the Valentines bookmarks onto your computer or smart device, and then print them out.
Leave the bookmarks in sheets to color, or go ahead and cut them out into individual strips and color them that way. If you have littles that are still learning to color, it may be better for them to have a full sheet of paper so they don’t have to keep a small piece of paper in place as they color.
Grab your coloring supplies and color however you want. Then feel free to add the additional step of laminating the bookmarks if you want!
Once colored, your Valentine’s Day bookmarks are ready to be used.
Valentine’s Day Books for your Bookmarks
You’ll need the perfect book to use your Valentines Day bookmarks. Chapter books can be so exciting for kids who have a love for reading. Work towards those AR points and use your cute Valentine’s creation to keep your place. Here’s a few fun book ideas to check out:
- Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentime by Barbara Park
- Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
- A to Z Mysteries Super Edition 8: Secret Admirer by Ron Roy
- Junie B. My Valentime by Barbara Park
- Valentine’s Day Disaster by Geranimo Stilton
Tip for the Best Valentine’s Day Bookmarks
- You can quickly and easily cut out all of the bookmarks with a paper cutter. It will keep the straight edges straight more than cutting by hand with scissors. And you’ll also be able to cut them a bit more quickly.
- Use any and all decorating supplies that you want! Rhinestones, glitter glue, gel glitter pens, puffy paint and so much more. You can really turn these bookmarks into a creative piece of artwrok.
- If you are creating these bookmarks in a group setting, be sure to write each child’s name on the back of their creations so that they don’t lose them.
These easy free printable Valentine bookmarks are so much fun! I can’t wait to see how you decorate yours.
More Valentine’s Crafts You’ll Love!
- This Heart Suncatcher is an adorable gift, or something to enjoy yourself. It’s so pretty in your favorite window.
- Make a Valentine’s Handprint Craft as a precious keepsake that you can enjoy for many years to come.
- A Toilet Paper Roll Love Bug Craft is just downright adorable. The cutest thing ever!
- Need some more free printable options? Then print out this Valentine’s Day Activity Packet.