Did you know you can take a toilet paper roll and turn it into this easy Pumpkin Craft? That’s right! Simply decorate toilet paper roll with orange tissue paper and a green pipe cleaner to turn it into a pumpkin. Then give it eyes, a nose and mouth for a Jack-O-Lantern!
It’s Halloween time! Do you go for spooky and scary or cute and fun when it comes to Halloween? I hope it’s cute and fun because this Toilet Paper Roll Pumpkin Craft is perfect for that!
They are so simple to make and so cute. Perfect for at home, parties at school or groups!
This easy Halloween craft idea if fairly inexpensive to make, takes only 25 minutes and can be done by all ages from preschoolers, elementary and teens. Everyone will love making this pumpkin craft!
Supplies Needed for Pumpkin Craft
- Toilet paper roll – We used a recycled toilet paper roll for this craft. You could also cut a paper towel roll as a substitute.
- Scissors – We used regular scissors, but you may consider using blunt tip scissors if working with small children.
- Tissue paper – We used 20-inch x 26-inch sheets of tissue paper, but any size can be cut to fit the size of your pumpkins.
- Ruler – We used a classroom ruler, but you could also use a measuring tape.
- Pipe cleaners – We used fuzzy green craft pipe cleaners.
- Pencil – We used a pencil to curl the pipe cleaners for this craft, but you could use a pen, marker, or another slender object.
- Construction paper – We used standard black construction paper. You could also use card stock for this activity, or simply draw the face on, but the tissue paper is delicate so may tear.
- Glue – We used a glue stick, but you can use any non-toxic craft glue for this project.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Craft with a Toilet Paper Roll!
This cute and easy pumpkin craft is so easy to make. Step by step instructions make it approachable, quick and easy.
Let’s start by getting our supplies ready for this craft!
Use scissors to cut an empty toilet paper roll in half. It will be the base of the pumpkin. Set aside.
Next, take an orange piece of tissue paper and cut a 7-inch by 10-inch section. Place ½ of the toilet paper roll upright in the middle of the tissue paper and gather and twist it at the top.
Secure the twisted tissue paper with a green pipe cleaner, wrapping it around several times. Once secure, use a pencil to twist the pipe cleaner to make a curly stem!
Now let’s personalize our pumpkins! Cut small triangles for the eyes and nose and a half-moon shape for the mouth. Glue them to the front of the pumpkin to make a cute or spooky face!
- If you are working with younger kiddos, you can precut items to save time.
- Use paper towel rolls and cut them into thirds or quarters if you don’t have empty toilet paper rolls.
- We used black construction paper for the face, but you could also draw it on with a black marker. Just be careful while drawing because the tissue paper is fragile and may tear.
More Easy Halloween Activities!
- Fun Toilet Paper Roll Mummy Craft is so easy to put together and creepy for Halloween! Recycle a toilet paper roll into a scary mummy with a few household craft supplies!
- Cute and easy DIY Coffee Filter Bats are a fun kids craft for Halloween! They are dark, spooky, yet fun to display. They double as a science experiment when the kids learn how colors bleed together and mix.
- Glittery Ghost Craft is fun to do with only a few supplies needed! Will you make your ghost craft spooky or cute?
- Make these creepy, crawly Spiders! DIY Spider Craft starts with black pom poms and turns into cute spiders.
If you take a picture and share them on Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
- Use scissors to cut an empty toilet paper roll in half. It will be the base of the pumpkin. Set aside.
- Next, take an orange piece of tissue paper and cut a 7-inch by 10-inch section.
- Place ½ of the toilet paper roll upright in the middle of the tissue paper and gather and twist it at the top.
Secure the twisted tissue paper with a green pipe cleaner, wrapping it around several times.
- Once secure, use a pencil to twist the pipe cleaner to make a curly stem.
- Cut small triangles for the eyes and nose and a half-moon shape for the mouth.
- Glue them to the front of the pumpkin to make a cute or spooky face!