With only three ingredients Homemade Slushies are the perfect treat to cool off with during a hot summer day! Simply blend together Kool-Aid powder, club soda and sugar with ice cubes. It’s so fun to create different flavors.
It’s summer break! The kids are eating everything in sight, asking for snacks and you are running out of ideas. Make them a quick and easy Homemade Slushie for snack.
It’s so easy to make, plus the kids flip for them so it’s a win-win for everyone.
Plus, it’s easy to change up the flavoring and with the ingredients being so inexpensive you can try a lot of different flavors.
No need to run to the gas station or restaurant when you are craving a slushee anymore. Make them at home in five minutes!
- Club soda – You could also use tonic water or lemon lime soda.
- Drink mix powder – We used Kool-Aid. Don’t grab the big tub with sweetener added because we are using sugar in the recipe. Grab the inexpensive packets.
- Ice cubes
How to Make a Slushie
- Add Ingredients – In a blender, combine club soda, sugar, drink mix and ice cubes.
- Blend – Blend for 30 seconds, stir if needed and blend another 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. You may need to pulse the blender if it’s too thick.
That’s it! These slushees are so easy to make at home and inexpensive. The perfect treat for kids. It’s so fun to try different flavors.
Just add a little club soda if it’s to think to blend or you water a thinner version.
Any drink powder will work or a liquid flavoring or extract. If you use liquid we recommend starting with about 1/4 tsp. If you use an extract that is clear you can add food coloring to color the slushie.
First make sure you have a high powdered blender like our favorite Ninja blender. You can also add a little more club soda to make it easier to blend.
More Kid Friendly Snack Recipes!
- Making Ice Cream in a Bag is such a fun activity on a hot summer day. Plus, you can a sweet treat to enjoy. So easy to do with kids.
- What topping will you put on your Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas? Coconut? Nuts? Sprinkles? The options are endless for this sweet treat. Have the kids help you dip and decorate them!
- Yogurt Bark is a healthy treat for kids! Plus, it’s easy to make, no-bake and ready in minutes. All you need is Greek yogurt, fruit and granola!
If you take a picture and share these Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
- 10 oz bottle club soda, preferably cold
- ⅓ c. sugar
- ½ tsp drink mix powder, like Kool-Aid
- 4 c. ice cubes
- In a blender, combine club soda, sugar, drink mix and ice cubes.
- Blend for 30 seconds, stir if needed and blend another 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. You may need to pulse the blender if it’s too thick.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 0g