Did you know you can make homemade Ice Cream in a bag? No need for a fancy ice cream maker. This creamy, delicious ice cream is made in a bag. It’s the perfect summer activity and treat for kids!
Cool off this summer by making Ice Cream in a Bag. It keeps the kids busy, plus makes a sweet treat for them to enjoy when they are done.
This is a quick and easy way to get kids to start using the kitchen and reading recipes. You’ll never guess how delicious ice cream is making it in a bag, but it is!
I had my doubts when we set out to do this easy recipe, but it’s so good! Grab your favorite toppings and make yourself a sundae.
- Whole milk – It must be whole milk, you needed the higher fat percentage to make this ice cream nice and creamy.
- Heavy whipping cream – This gets that thick creamy ice cream you want.
- Granulated sugar – Adds a little sweetness to your ice cream.
- Pure vanilla extract – That delicious vanilla flavor is achieved with this.
- Kosher salt
- Toppings: Sprinkles, Whipped Cream, Maraschino Cherries, Chocolate syrup or whatever you choose!
Steps to Prepare
- Mix – In a small resealable bag combine the whole milk, heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Push out almost all the excess air and seal the bag.
- Combine Bags – Put the ice and salt in a large resealable bag then place the small big inside the big bigger bag, seal the big bag.
- Shake – Using two hands shake the big bag vigorously for 5-7 minutes or until ice cream has hardened. Take turns to make this go faster!
- Serve – Remove the smaller bag from the bigger bag and scoop out ice cream into bowls. Top with favorite toppings.
Tips & Tricks
- Hold the bag with a kitchen towel while you shake it so your hands don’t get to cold!
- Buy name brand, quality bags that seal to avoid getting salty ice cream. If they bags open at all the water/salt mixture will get in your ice cream.
- Make chocolate ice cream by adding a little chocolate syrup to the ice cream mixture before mixing!
- Shake the bag for about 7 minutes. It may take longer if you don’t shake it as hard or continuously. When the mixture is thick and ice cream consistency you are done shaking. Stir it up a little to mix it up before spooning it into bowls.
MORE KID FRIENDLY RECIPES!
- Did you know you can make Rock Candy at home? Not only does it get the kids in the kitchen it doubles as a science experiment!
- Grab your cookie cutters, the kids and make these fun and easy Jell-O Jigglers that are a fun and delicious treat kids love! So easy to make with the kids!
- A sweet and delicious cheesecake marshmallow dip with festive colors! Mermaid Dip is the perfect dessert dip to dunk vanilla wafers, butter cookies, shortbread cookies and so much more in.
If you take a picture and share these Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- ¼ c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 c. ice
- 1/3 c. kosher salt
- Toppings of your choice like sprinkles, whipped cream, maraschino cherries, chocolate syrup etc.
- In a small resealable bag combine the whole milk, heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Push out almost all the excess air and seal the bag.
- Put the ice and salt in a large resealable bag then place the small big inside the big bigger bag, seal the big bag.
- Shake the big bag vigorously for 5-7 minutes or until ice cream has hardened.
- Remove the smaller bag from the bigger bag and scoop out ice cream into bowls. Top with favorite toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 5035mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g