The kids will love making this cute homemade Handprint Christmas Tree Craft. Simply trace out the child’s handprints, form them into a tree and decorate. Quick, easy and fun!
There’s just something about cute little handprint isn’t there? Especially when you can make a craft and keep it for a keepsake to remember the holidays.
This adorable Handprint Christmas Tree Craft is quick and easy to make around the holidays. The kids will love it. Perfect for both toddlers and preschoolers.
It also makes a great gift for the grandparents. If they live far away send them it in the mail as a surprise to brighten their day or tuck it in with their Christmas present! You can make them a handprint Christmas tree ornament too!
The supply list is short for this quick and easy Christmas craft and you probably already have most of them on hand if not all of them!
- Cardstock – various shades of green, brown
- Shiny poms, small
- Shiny pipe cleaners
- Glue stick
Make the Christmas Tree!
The first thing you need to is to trace you child’s handprint on a green sheet of cardstock. Then repeat with the other hand. You can do the same or different shades of green cardstock. We did different shades when we made our Christmas trees.
After you have the handprints traced cut them out.
Glue both handprints together on the pink side making sure the trace marks are facing backwards. We don’t want to see those on your cute craft!
Now, cut a rectangle from the brown cardstock. Glue in place for the tree trunk
Now it’s time for the fun! Giving the tree some decorations and ornaments.
To attach the pipecleaner you will need to pinch one end of the pipe cleaner above the thumb on the Christmas tree.
Wrap the pipe cleaner around and through the fingers. Pinch the other end on back to secure.
Then finish by gluing on some small shiny pom poms and a star on top!
MORE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES!
- Grab your toilet paper rolls and make this adorable Christmas Light Painting.
- The kids love making these edible Reindeer Graham Cracker Treats.
- Want more homemade ornaments? This fun Grinch Popsicle Craft is always a hit!
- Want more handprint crafts? Check out this cute Handprint Reindeer Craft!
If you take a picture and share them Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
Handprint Christmas Tree Craft
- Begin by tracing your little one’s handprint on a green sheet of cardstock. Trace another handprint on a different shade of green cardstock.
- Cut out both handprints.
- Glue both handprints together on the pinky side.
- Now, cut a rectangle from the brown cardstock.
- Glue in place for the tree trunk.
- Next, pinch one end of a pipe cleaner above the thumb.
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around and through the fingers. Pinch the other end on back, as well, to secure.
- Then, glue on some small shiny poms.