If you are looking for an easy, healthy and delicious dinner or lunch recipe the kids will eat these English Muffin Pizzas check all the boxes! Toasted whole wheat English Muffins are split, layered with pizza sauce and topped with mini pepperoni or you favorite toppings.
This is such a quick and easy recipe when the kids want pizza, but you want them to have something a little more wholesome. It’s one of my favorite kid-friendly recipes!
What is an English Muffin Pizza?
It’s just what it sounds like – an English muffin topped with pizza toppings and baked until it’s toasty hot!
Why You’ll Love Easy English Muffin Pizzas!
- What I love about this recipe is that you can easily change up the toppings. My kiddos love pepperoni and cheese pizza, but you can top them however you like. It’s a great way to use up odds and ends in the fridge, too!
- Did we mention that they are ready in 20 minutes? It doesn’t get faster than this lunch or dinner idea.
- Even better is that they’re freezer friendly! You can assemble them ahead of time, freeze them, and then bake them whenever you need a quick meal or snack.
These mini pizzas have saved me many times when the kids get a pizza craving! They’re always a hit and so simple to make.
Ingredients for English Muffin Pizzas
- English muffins – I like to use whole wheat English muffins for a healthy twist.
- Pizza sauce – Use your favorite pizza sauce or marinara sauce.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – Use low-moisture mozzarella for the best melty, cheesy topping.
- Mini pepperoni – Or, you can use regular sliced pepperoni and cut them into quarters.
Other Pizza Topping Ideas
Pretty much any pizza toppings you like will work for English muffin pizzas! Just don’t load them up with too many toppings otherwise they may not hold up well.
- Meat: Cooked and crumbled bacon, Italian sausage, or ground beef work great. Or try Canadian bacon, salami, or cooked chicken.
- Cheese: Cheddar cheese, Provolone cheese, and Parmesan cheese are good, too.
- Veggies: Black olives, bell peppers, or mushrooms are an easy way to sneak in some vegetables.
How to Make English Muffin Pizzas that Aren’t Soggy
There’s a special step that ensures your mini pizzas don’t get soggy: toast them first!
You can place them in a toaster to toast them or line them up on a baking sheet and bake them for a few minutes.
After you’ve toasted them, top each one with some pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
Bake them until the cheese is melted and they are lightly golden around the edges.
How to Freeze English Muffin Pizzas
This is a great recipe to make ahead and freeze for easy lunches and dinners.
- Toast the English muffins and place them on a sheet pan.
- Add the pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Place the sheet pan in the freezer and freeze the unbaked pizzas for an hour or so.
- Wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and store the pizzas in a freezer bag.
- When you’re ready to serve them, unwrap them and place them on a baking sheet. Bake them as instructed until the cheese is melted and they’re hot and toasty!
Can you cook them in an air fryer?
Don’t feel like turning on the oven? Learn how to make English muffin pizzas in the air fryer. They’re just as easy and delicious!
These whole wheat English muffin pizzas are perfect for lunches, dinners, or parties – the kids will love them and you will, too!
More Easy Recipe Ideas
- Pancake Bites are cute little pancake muffins that the kids will love!
- Need some kid-friendly snacks for a crowd? Make a Kid’s Snack Board filled with easy sweet and savory snacks.
- Ham and Cheese Roll-Ups are another quick and easy lunch idea that you can make ahead.
- Looking for something sweet? Cake Mix Cookies are perfect for dessert, after-school snacks, or for tucking into the lunch boxes.
If you take a picture and share it Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
English Muffin Pizzas
Quick and easy English Muffin Pizzas are toasted split English Muffins with pizza sauce, Mozzarella cheese and mini pepperonis for an easy meal.
- 6 Whole Wheat English muffins, split
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces mini pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toast the English muffins in a toaster to prevent the middle from being soggy when you bake them. You can also bake them for a few minutes in the preheated oven.
- Arrange the toasted English muffin halves cut-side up on a baking sheet line with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly on top of each one; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with mini pepperoni slices.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned on the edges.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 403mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Leave a Reply