If you have a picky eater then this is the recipe for you! Buttered Noodles is the one thing kids will always eat. Who could resist noodles tossed with butter and Parmesan cheese? So easy to make and delicious!
Ah, buttered noodles. The classic comfort food favorite of all picky eaters! This simple dish may be labeled as something only picky eaters ask for, but I would disagree. I think more people should reach for something like this buttered noodles recipe. It’s just cheesy enough and loaded with delicious buttery flavor.
These noodles only require four simple ingredients and are a favorite for everyone. Make them as a simple lunch or snack for your kids, or serve them with dinner so that you’ve got a guarantee they’ll eat something on their plate! We love easy snacks like this and ants on a log. Versatile recipes that can be changed for each kiddo are always a major plus!
Why You’ll Love Buttered Noodles
- You can make a big batch of these easy buttered noodles in just 15 minutes. Super fast and won’t require much effort. Your kids can even make it on their own!
- This recipe does not require much clean-up. Wash the pot you boiled noodles in and the mixing bowl, that’s it.
- Serve these alongside any main dish or protein. Plain butter noodles can be adapted to fit any flavor profile and pair well with so many different things.
Ingredients for Buttered Noodles
- Spaghetti noodles – For a more kid friendly option for littles, use elbow noodles or spiral pasta. You can also use egg noodles, capellini, angel hair or anything else you have.
- Garlic powder – If you’re making these for an extra picky eater, feel free to leave out the garlic powder. But I do love the slight extra flavor it adds to this recipe!
- Butter – Salted and unsalted butter will both work for buttered noodles. I prefer salted butter, but either will work!
- Parmesan cheese – Parmesan cheese is the secret ingredient to making the most perfect butter noodles. Your picky eater will love the cheese!
How to Make Buttered Noodles
- Follow the instructions given on the package of noodles and cook them to al dente. Drain the cooked noodles and reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- Then place the noodles into a large mixing bowl. Add cubed butter, garlic powder, parmesan cheese and reserved water to the noodles.
- Mix the ingredients together until butter and cheese melts and everything is well combined.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired, then serve!
How to Store Leftover Buttered Noodles
FRIDGE: Store leftover garlic butter noodles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
FREEZER: These tasty noodles can also be frozen! Place them into freezer safe bags or an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw before reheating.
How to Reheat Leftover Butter Noodles
To reheat, place in the microwave or on the stove top until heated through. If the noodles are a bit dry, add extra butter!
What to Serve with this Buttered Noodles Recipe
Do I need to break the noodles before boiling them?
If your pot is large enough, you do not need to break your spaghetti noodles before placing them in the boiling water. However, if you have a small pot it could be beneficial to break the noodles so that they cook more easily.
- For the best cheesy results, shred your own parmesan cheese. You can also add extra cheese to the noodles if you want them extra gooey!
- Don’t forget to salt your pasta water. It adds more flavor and makes the texture of the noodles much better.
- It is important that you follow the cooking instruction for your noodles exactly. Overcooked noodles can become gummy and sticky.
Win points with your picky eater and make a delicious dish that they’ll love every bite of!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- These Bunny Butt Cookies are quite possibly one of my cutest creations yet. Perfect for Spring and Easter!
- Make these Mini Funfetti Cheesecakes for any number of celebrations throughout the year.
- Rainbow Bundt Cake is such a fun recipe. Your kids will love all of the bright colors and happy sprinkles this tasty cake has!
- These Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies are one of the favorites in my house. An easy recipe for a cute cookie that tastes amazing!
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley optional for garnish
- Boil the noodles in a large pot of boiling water until pasta is al dente. Drain but reserve ½ cup of pasta water.
- Cube the butter.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked noodles, cubed butter, garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine and allow the heat from the noodles to melt butter and cheese.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired. Serve and enjoy!