Cute and festive homemade Christmas Stocking Ornaments are a fun holiday craft the entire family can make together. It makes a fun activity during the holidays and keepsake for years to come!
Fun, festive homemade Christmas ornaments are always fun to make especially when they are these adorable Christmas Stocking Ornaments.
They are a quick, fun and easy craft perfect for kids.
Make a tradition of creating a homemade ornament with your family every year. It’s always fun to reminisce while decorating the tree and hanging up each year’s ornaments!
Great for Holiday Parties!
They make a great addition to any holiday party. You can even prep the stockings for the kids then set them out at a table.
Add all the decorations they need and let them go crazy.
It’s a fun little craft to take home and show Mom and Dad. Plus, it’s relatively mess free and stress-free to make.
- Christmas Stocking template
- Cardstock – red, green, blue, white, etc.
- Adornments – stickers, sequins, gems, markers, etc.
- Glue stick
Trace and Cut
The first step to make these Christmas Stocking Ornaments is to print out the Christmas Stocking Template.
After you have the template cut out trace it on different colors of cardstock. We used green, red and a few shades of blue.
Then trace and cut out the top of the stocking from white cardstock.
After you the Christmas Stockings and top piece cut out you will need to glue the top part on the stockings.
If you plan on keeping these a few years as keepsakes we recommend using craft foam instead of cardstock. It will hold up better for years to come.
Decorate the Christmas Stocking Ornaments
Now it’s time to decorate the stockings!
We used stickers, sequins, gems, and markers. The possibilities are endless so use your imaginations!
Another fun idea is to write everyone’s name on the white top rectangle of the ornaments!
Add the Twine!
Once the stockings are ready, turn them into ornaments. Cut a strand of twine. Position the twine in a loop and glue to the back of the stocking.
And hang your personalized and oh so unique stockings on the tree with care!
MORE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES!
- Grab your toilet paper rolls and make this adorable Christmas Light Painting.
- Want more Christmas Ornaments? Make these adorable Ugly Sweater Ornaments!
- There’s nothing like a festive game of Christmas Charades to entertain everyone!
- Want more homemade ornaments? This fun Grinch Popsicle Craft is always a hit!
Have fun creating your cute Christmas Stocking Ornaments!
If you take a picture and share them Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
- Begin by printing the Christmas Stocking template. Cut out the stocking template.
- Trace the template on the colors of cardstock of your choice. Cut out.
- Also cut out the rectangles. You can leave those on white paper or cardstock.
- Glue the rectangles to the top of the stockings. Write your name here.
- Now, decorate the stockings. To decorate ours we used stickers, sequins, gems, and markers. It’s fun to make yours unique!
- Once the stockings are ready, turn them into ornaments. Cut a strand of twine.
- Position the twine in a loop and glue to the back of the stocking.
- And hang your personalized and oh so unique stockings on the tree with care!
Instead of cardstock you can use craft foam to make these ornaments. They will hold up better if you plan on keep them for years to come!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.