Cool off on a hot summer day with these homemade popsicles! These Strawberry Banana Popsicles are loaded with flavor from frozen strawberries and banana plus, naturally sweetened with honey for a healthy snack for kids and adults. Put a batch in the freezer today for those hot summer afternoons!
We’ve been loving snacking on our favorite Mixed Berry Popsicles all summer long, but wanted to switch it up so we created these creamy Strawberry Banana Popsicles!
They are so creamy because we used Greek yogurt, which has a higher fat content than regular milk. This reduces the ice in the popsicles when you freeze them.
There’s nothing like a hot summer day, sitting around the pool and enjoying these homemade popsicles loaded with strawberry and banana!
The kids love this healthy snack or dessert and request them over and over again.
Ingredients Needed for Strawberry Banana Popsicles
- Frozen strawberries
- Greek yogurt
Helpful Supplies when Making Homemade Popsicles!
How to Make Homemade Popsicles
Homemade popsicles are so easy to make, packed with flavor and protein. I love that you can switch up the flavors whenever you want!
Blend – Thaw strawberries and keep the juice. Put thawed strawberries in juice in blender plus the banana, Greek yogurt, honey and cornstarch. Blend on high until smooth.
Freeze – Pour strawberry banana mixture into popsicles molds, place over on top and place popsicle sticks into the mixture. Place in freezer for at least 4 hours.
Serve – When it’s time to serve, you can run the molds under warm water for a few seconds or allow them to sit on the counter to warm slightly.
How long can I keep homemade popsicles in freezer?
They are best enjoyed within two weeks but they will keep up to 6 months if they are stored at 0 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s best to store them in the back of a freezer as the temperature if more consistent in the back.
Do I need to use frozen fruit in homemade popsicles?
Frozen fruit works best in homemade popsicles. This is because it gives the best blending and consistency.
If you want to use fresh fruit blend it first, then add honey to the fruit and blend again.
How to Make Homemade Popsicles without Molds
A great option is to use mini cups and stick popsicle sticks in them or a muffin tin!
More Kid Snack Ideas!
- Easy Ham and Cheese Pinwheels only have 6 ingredients and are the perfect lunch, snack or appetizer for kids!
- Quick and easy DIY Homemade Unscrustable Sandwiches make the perfect lunch for kids. Stuffed with your favorite fillings like strawberry jelly and peanut butter.
- Ants on a Log are the perfect snack food for after school. Made with protein-rich peanut butter and celery for a sweet and crunchy treat.
f you take a picture and share it Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
Strawberry Banana Popsicles
Healthy and delicious homemade Strawberry Banana Popsicles made with frozen strawberries, banana, Greek yogurt and sweetened with honey.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, thawed, with juice
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Thaw frozen strawberries, retain juice.
- Once strawberries are thawed, add strawberries, banana, yogurt, honey and cornstarch to a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds cover with lid and place popsicles sticks into the mixture.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When it's time to serve, you can run the molds under warm water for a few seconds or allow them to sit on the counter to warm slightly.
Run bottoms of molds under lukewarm water for 1-2 minutes for easy removal. Gently pull on the stick, if it doesn’t release, run under water a bit longer. It should slide out easily. Remember liquid expands when frozen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Leave a Reply