Cute, easy and fun craft for kids to welcome spring or summer! This Rainbow Craft is a super simple craft that can be made with construction paper, glue, scissors and a black marker.
The sun is shining and times time to make bright and cheery crafts with the kids! This easy Rainbow Sun Craft is a super simple craft that uses things you probably already have in the house!
It’s great to let kids practice cutting things out, pick colors and make their own unique sun reflecting their favorite colors!
If you are looking for an easy paper craft this cute sun is just what you want to make. Hang them up and decorate your house to add cheer!
Print out this eyes and mouth template or have them draw or create their own with construction paper. The options are endless!
Supplies Needed for Rainbow Sun Craft
How to Make Paper Sun
The first thing to do is pick out three different kids of colored paper. We used yellow, blue, green and red, but feel free to use whatever colors your child would like. Let them be creative and make their sun completely unique!
Cut four paper strips of each color to make the sun’s rays. They should be 3 inches in length and about 1” wide.
Next, cut a big yellow circle that will be the sun’s face.
Glue the strips in groups of two for each color. Glue one end of the paper to the back of the sun, loop over in half and glue down the other end to create a loop.
Print out the eyes and mouth, cut and glue them to the yellow circle or create your own face by drawing it or using colored paper.
More Easy Kids Crafts!
- Create this Toilet Paper Roll Frog Craft with minimal supplies for an easy activity for kids.
- Make a Handprint Butterfly where you child’s hand print is traced on paper and turned into a cute butterfly.
- This Handprint Heart Tree Craft is the perfect fun idea for toddlers and preschoolers. Simply trace their hand on brown construction paper and use a toilet paper roll dipped in paint to make hearts.
- How adorable is this Paper Frog Craft? So simple and a great activity for any age!
Have fun creating your rainbow sunshine craft!
If you take a picture and share them Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
Rainbow Sun Craft
Fun and easy Rainbow Sun Craft made with supplies you already have!
- Pick out three different kids of colored paper. We used yellow, blue, green and red.
- Cut four paper strips of each color to make the sun's rays. They should be 3 inches in length and about 1'' wide.
- Cut a big yellow circle that will be the sun's face.
- Glue the strips in groups of two for each color. Glue one edge of the paper to the back of the sun, fold over in half and glue down the other end to create a loop.
- Pint out the eyes and mouth, cut and glue them to the yellow circle or create your own face by drawing it or using colored paper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply