Quick and easy Pumpkin Pie Craft is a great fall activity for preschoolers, kindergarteners and young elementary children. With minimal craft supplies its a great kids craft to do without much prep!
How fun is this little pumpkin pie craft?! If you’ve got kiddos who love to play “kitchen”, this Thanksgiving craft can turn into one of their staple props in their imaginary kitchen.
This fall craft isn’t difficult to make and doesn’t take much time. While you’re in the kitchen making a real Pumpkin Pie, your kids can be making this super easy Thanksgiving craft! Or, if you don’t have yarn on hand, grab some pinecones from your backyard and make this Pine Cone Painted Fall Tree Craft.
Why You’ll Love this Pumpkin Pie Craft
- There’s not a whole lot of cutting and gluing, making this a really safe craft for younger children.
- If you tend to make a lot of crafts, you’ll probably have all of these supplies on hand!
- This is a fun Thanksgiving craft that your kids can play with year round!
What You’ll Need for your Pumpkin Pie Craft
- Jumbo wooden craft sticks – I used jumbo wooden craft sticks for this craft but you could use regular-sized craft sticks or up-cycled popsicle sticks. Just note that your slices of pie will turn out smaller.
- Wooden craft sticks – Along with the jumbo sized sticks, you’ll need the regular size wooden craft sticks.
- Multi-purpose glue – Multi-purpose glue will work best for this activity since you’ll be gluing items of various textures.
- Construction paper, tan – You can use construction paper or cardstock, either will do!
- Scissors – There isn’t a large amount of cutting in this pumpkin pie craft, so this could be a great opportunity to use safety scissors and let your younger children cut their own craft pieces.
- Yarn, orange – This is what you’ll use for the actual “pie” part of the craft, so be sure you get pumpkin orange yarn!
- Cotton balls – We used cotton balls to mimic whipped cream on the pie.
How to Make this Thanksgiving Craft
Glue: Begin by gluing two jumbo wooden craft sticks into a “V” shape. Then, glue a regular sized wooden craft stick to the top of the “V” to form a triangle.
Cut: While the glue is drying, cut a wavy “crust like” shape out of your tan construction paper. This is going to be the crust of your pumpkin pie! Take that piece and then glue it onto the top of the triangle.
Wrap: Beginning at the wider side of the triangle, start wrapping yarn all the way down until you reach the bottom of the triangle.
Finish: Take a cotton ball and stretch it out, then pull it apart. Add a little tuft of cotton onto your pumpkin slice to make it look like whipped cream.
And your pumpkin pie craft is done! “Eat” up!
This simple craft won’t take long to make, but will provide hours of fun and imaginative play!
More Fall Fun You’ll Love!
- This cute little Candy Corn Craft is another fun food-themed creation!
- I love whipping up this Candy Corn Pudding in the fall.
- How cute are these Turkey Cupcakes? My kids love making these!
- After your kids make their pumpkin pie craft, you can play Thanksgiving Bingo as a family!
- Let’s make the base for our slice of pumpkin pie! Take 2 jumbo wooden craft sticks and glue them together to form a v-shape. Glue a smaller wooden craft stick to the top of the v-shape to brace and secure it. Allow the base to dry for 10 minutes.
- While the base is drying, let’s make the crust for our pie! Take a tan piece of construction paper and cut it to the length and enough to cover the width of the smaller wooden craft stick. Cut the top of the strip in a scallop pattern. Once the base is dry, glue the “crust” to the smaller wooden craft stick.
- To create the pumpkin pie, let’s take some orange yarn and wrap it around the base. Continue to wrap until your entire slice of pie is orange.
- Finally, stretch a cotton ball and add a tuft of cotton to the top of the slice of pie for the whipped cream!