Does it get any cuter than a Popsicle Stick Gnome? This is a cute and easy Christmas craft made out of craft sticks. With a few craft supplies you can make this cute and easy Gnome Craft at home!
Gnomes are the rage right now and now you can make these adorable Popsicle Stick Gnomes with your kids for a quick and easy Christmas Craft!
These Gnome Crafts are a quick and easy idea for Christmas. All you need are basic craft supplies and a little time.
You could even make them into Popsicle Stick Ornaments by tying a piece of string to the back. I love being able to tuck keepsake ornament like this away and pull them out every year to decorate the Christmas tree with!
- Craft Stick Gnome Template.
- Jumbo craft sticks
- Cardstock – green, purple, blue, etc. and tan
- Acrylic paint – green, purple, blue, etc.
- White yarn
- White marker
- Googly eyes, small
- Glue stick
- ⅝” hole punch (optional)
Glue and Paint!
The first thing you are going to do is make the body of the gnome.
Take a square piece of cardstock in your desired color and glue the popsicle sticks to it.
Then flip them over and paint the front of the popsicle sticks after the glue has dried. We painted our Gnomes in purple, blue and green, but any color will work!
Make the Beard!
After you have the popsicle sticks done it’s time to make your Gnome’s beard.
Take the white yarn and loop it around one of your hands. Then cut the bottom of it.
Glue the yarn to the middle of the popsicle stick to form the beard!
Finish the Gnome!
Time for the hat!
Print out the Gnome Hat template on the card stock of your choice. Then cut out the pieces to that hat.
Glue the long edges of one pieces of the gnome hat like is shown above. Place the other piece of the hat on top.
Decorate the front of the hat with the white marker.
Slip the popsicle sticks into the gnome hat opening and slide hat over them and slightly over the top of the yarn.
Wrap the sides of the hat around back and glue or tape in place.
Now he needs a nose! Cut the nose circle out of brown cardstock or use a 5/8” hole punch if you have that. Glue the nose directly below the hate on the yarn. A pom pom would work great too!
Add googly eyes on either side of the nose.
That’s it! You have an adorable Popsicle Gnome Craft to enjoy.
MORE CHRISTMAS CRAFTS!
- Grab your toilet paper rolls and make this adorable Christmas Light Painting.
- Want more homemade ornaments? This fun Grinch Popsicle Craft is always a hit!
- There’s nothing cuter than little hands especially when you use trace to make these adorable Handprint Christmas Tree Crafts!
- Grab your toilet paper roll and use it to make a festive Christmas Lights Painting!
If you take a picture and share them Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
- Begin by gluing 3 jumbo craft sticks together. The easiest way I’ve found to do this is to glue the sticks onto a spare square of cardstock. Glue the sticks in the color of choice. Let dry.
- Now, wrap a long strand of white yarn around your fingers. Cut the bottom of the yarn.
- Next, glue the yarn to the middle of the craft sticks.
- Now, print the template on desired color of cardstock. Cut out the pieces.
- Decorate one of the triangles with a white marker.
- On one of the hat pieces place glue on the two sides and place the other hat over it, gluing them together. This should leave the bottom part of the hat open.
- Then, slide the hat over the craft sticks and over the top of the yarn.
- Wrap the sides of the hat around back and glue or tape in place.
- Finally, cut the nose circle out of the cardstock and trace on tan or flesh colored cardstock. You could instead use a ⅝” hole punch.
- Glue directly below the hat on the yarn.
- And glue googly eyes on either side of the nose.