Quick and easy Fudgesicle recipe that has only two ingredients and is just like the classic treat! It’s going be the go-to treat for summer that the kids will love. Plus, they are so easy to make they can make them on their own!
We love popsicles during the summer and this fudgesicle recipe and mixed berry popsicles are always stocked in our freezer. The kids will love these rich chocolatey popsicles and I bet the adults will, too!
The Easiest Fudgesicle Recipe
This is one of the easiest popsicle recipes ever – you only need two ingredients!
It’s so super quick and easy. The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze!
I love to make these for summer parties and just because – the kids love having one as a special summer treat when it’s hot.
Rich, fudgy chocolate popsicles are always a summer classic but you don’t have to buy a box or wait for the ice cream truck – make this easy recipe instead and it will be your new favorite summer tradition.
- Milk – I like to use 2% milk for this recipe, but whole milk will make the popsicles even creamier.
- Instant chocolate pudding mix – make sure to buy instant pudding mix! It sets up fast without any cooking steps.
Can you make fudge pops out of pudding?
Yes, and it’s so easy!
Mix: Whisk the milk and pudding mix until creamy and well combined.
Freeze: Pour the pudding mixture into the popsicle molds and freeze for them overnight or until they are firm.
Enjoy! Once they’re frozen, remove them from the molds following the manufacturer’s instructions. Usually, all it takes is running them under some warm water to release them.
You can use instant dark chocolate pudding mix or regular chocolate. You can also make other kinds of popsicles using any other pudding mix flavor!
I haven’t tested this recipe with non-dairy milk, but I think almond milk would work well. Just keep in mind that your fudge pops may not be as rich and creamy.
How long do fudgesicles keep?
Store them in the coldest part of your freezer and they will keep for several weeks. I like to remove them from the popsicle mold once they are frozen and store them in a freezer bag. They keep better that way!
Can I Make Fudgsicles without a popsicle mold?
Yes! All you need is some small cups like Dixie cups. Pour the filling into them, then stick a popsicle stick in it. Freeze overnight. Then remove and eat them just like a popsicle.
How do I remove Fudgesicles from popsicle mold?
Sometimes they get a bit stuck in the mold. The easiest way to get them to release from the mold so they come out easily is to run a little hot water over the outside of the mold. This should help them release easily.
Now that you know how to make fudgesicles with pudding mix you’ll want to make them on repeat! They are the best frozen chocolate treat on a hot summer day. Pick up some pudding mix at the grocery store this week and give them a try. I think you’ll love them!
More Easy Summer Recipes
- Summer Snack Board is loaded with sweet and savory snacks the kids will love!
- Italian Sodas are a fizzy drink flavored with syrup that are fun to make for parties or just because.
- Make a batch of Cake Mix Cookies for a sweet treat!
- Cool off with some Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas! They’re so easy to make.
If you take a picture and share them on Instagram with #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
- 2 ⅔ cups milk we used 2% – Higher fat percentage is a creamier result
- 3.9 ounce box of instant chocolate pudding
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the milk and chocolate pudding until creamy.
- Pour into 6 popsicle molds and freeze overnight or until hardened.