Chocolate Coated Spoons that you can make Hot Chocolate! Simply warm your water or milk, stir in your chocolate coated spoon and have a delicious winter treat. This is a fun DIY holiday gift for friends and neighbors or winter activity with the kids!
Looking for an easy activity to do with the kids? These Hot Chocolate Spoons are the perfect thing. With only a couple of ingredients the kids can dip, sprinkle and then enjoy a big mug of hot cocoa on a cold winter day.
These hot cocoa spoons are also the perfect idea for an edible gift! Pair it with a mug and it makes a great teacher present.
- Chocolate Chips – We used a milk chocolate, but you could use dark chocolate if you prefer.
- White Chocolate Chips or White Chocolate Melts
Spoons or Sticks for Dipping – Grab some clear plastic spoons or get festive with cute wooden spoons.
Spoon Topping Ideas
To mix thing up a little instead of topping these with sprinkles you could use many different toppings
- Crushed Candy Canes – Make a peppermint hot chocolate spoon by sprinkling the chocolate with crushed candy canes.
- Mini Marshmallow Bits – Everyone loves marshmallows in their hot cocoa. Simply grab some marshmallow bits and sprinkle them on top of your spoons.
- Toffee – You hot cocoa with have a hint of caramel if you chop toffee and sprinkle it on top of the spoons.
- Coarse Sea Salt – Make a salted hot chocolate for a rich flair. Maybe combine the toffee pieces and coarse sea salt? The salt is best added after the chocolate has almost hardened so it doesn’t sink into the chocolate.
The flavor combinations and toppings to this hot cocoa spoons are endless!
Hot to Make Hot Chocolate Spoons
Melt Chocolate – Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 25 seconds. Stir well and reheat as needed until completely melted.
Dip – Use a spoon or piping bag to carefully portion the melted chocolate onto the spoons. Add Christmas-inspired sprinkles to the wet chocolate.
Cool – Set the spoon on a clean tray or cutting board and allow to set for 30 minutes before storing or serving.
DIY Present Idea!
These make great gift ideas for friends and family. Plus, it’s a great activity to do with the kids and let them have a hand in gift making.
Wrap them – These work great wrapped in clear treat bags and tied with festive ribbon. Either wrap them individually or do a few different flavored spoons in each bag.
Pair them with a mug – This makes a great teacher gift! Grab cute mug and pair it with spoons. Also great for grab gifts etc.
More Christmas Ideas
- Have small children? Grab these Free Christmas Alphabet Worksheets printables!
If you make these take a picture and share them Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
- 1 c. white chocolate chips or white chocolate melts
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 25 seconds. Stir well and reheat as needed until completely melted.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to carefully portion the melted chocolate onto the spoons.
- Add Christmas-inspired sprinkles to the wet chocolate.
- Set the spoon on a clean tray or cutting board and allow to set for 30 minutes before storing or serving.
To make hot chocolate simply heat 3/4 - 1 c. milk to scalding, stir spoon in milk and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g