Quick and easy Valentine’s Day Craft perfect for young kids! This Handprint Heart Tree Craft is the perfect fun idea for toddlers and preschoolers. Simply trace their hand on brown construction paper and use a toilet paper roll dipped in paint to make hearts.
Looking for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day Craft for young kids? This Handprint Heart Tree Craft is not only adorable, but also easy to make with minimal supplies.
You’ll need some cardstock, glue, paint and a toilet paper roll to make this adorable heart themed craft.
It’s perfect to make and display at home, give as a gift to grandparents on Valentine’s Day or perfect to use in the classroom for a Valentine’s Day party activity!
Each child will make it their own craft and it’s so fun to see their creative abilities and imagination!
Supplies Need to Make this Valentine’s Day Craft!
- Cardboard roll
- Cardstock – brown, silver or the color of your choice
- Glue Stick
- Red acrylic paint
Steps to Make Handprint Heart Tree Craft
First take a brown piece of cardstock and trace the little one’s handprint on the cardstock.
Then cut out the handprint.
Glue the handprint with the bottom of it touching the edge of a white or silver sheet of cardstock and it arranged in the middle of the piece of paper.
Take the toilet paper cardboard roll and pinch the bottom into a v for the bottom of your heart. Push the top part into a heart shape.
Pour the red pain out so you can dip the end of the toilet paper roll into the paint.
Dip the heart end of the cardboard roll into the red paint making sure it’s completely covered.
Stamp the heart around the fingers of the handprint and continue to dip and stamp until the tree is full.
We also stamped a few fallen hearts on the ground by the tree to mimic fallen leaves.
More Easy Kids Activities!
- The BEST Playdough recipe ever! Soft, smooth and last for up to three months.
If you take a picture and share them on Instagram make sure to #kidsactivityzone or tag us @kidsactivityzoneblog so we can see them!
Handprint Heart Tree Craft
Handprint Heart Tree Craft is a quick and easy Valentine's day craft!
- Cardboard roll
- Cardstock - brown, silver or the color of your choice
- Begin by tracing the little one’s handprint on brown cardstock.
- Cut out the handprint.
- Glue the handprint towards the bottom of a sheet of cardstock, width-wise. We used silver cardstock, so the red hearts of the tree would pop, but light blue or white would be nice, too.
- Now, push in on the top of a toilet paper size cardboard roll and pinch the bottom. This should form the cardboard roll into a heart shape.
- Then, pour a generous amount of paint on a flat surface. We like to use paper plates.
- Dip the heart end of the cardboard roll into the red paint. Make sure it’s covered completely.
- And stamp around the fingers of the handprint.
- Continue stamping until the tree is full.
- Finally, stamp a few fallen hearts on the ground by the tree, too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply